Despatch Manager | Dandenong
- Dandenong, Victoria
- AU$80000.00 - 90000.00
- Job Type
- Date Posted
An exciting, new opportunity has entered the market for an experienced Despatch Manager due to growth in business demands.
About the company
Our Client was established over 50 years ago and has become one of Victorias largest suppliers of high-quality glass. It now employs over 75 people at its Factory in Melbourne/s South East. They are making significant investments in its people and advanced cutting-edge technology. Its factory produces commercial and residential processed glass, which has allowed it to be perfectly positioned to support large scale projects and other volume driven commercial demand.
About what they are looking for
- Manage and plan the Despatch department ensuring on-time, complete deliveries to customers
- Manage Despatch staff working hours
- Plan truck runs
- Direct and coordinate Despatch operations
- Produce regular reports and statistics for management
- Customer liaison for site and factory deliveries
- Oversee road-worthiness of truck fleet
- Provide training, leadership and development of team
- Receive incoming stock and maintain records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage affectively
- Certificate 3 in Logistics or Warehousing preferred
- Proven experience in a Dispatch Manager role, or similar position
- Previous experience within the glass industry preferred, but not essential
- Career Progression with a competitive salary
- An opportunity to work for a major reputable company with a proven long track record of growth.
- Join an organisation where the safety of people and the environment is at the forefront of all that they do
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- Free on-site Parking
- Ongoing work Mon-Friday 7am-4pm
If this sounds like something you want to know more about, apply now!
Our client is looking to engage with the successful candidate as soon as possible.